Re: Daily Digest FCC Actions Affect South Shore and Cape Cod

At 07:02 PM 4/8/2003 -0400, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>There are two Actions in a recent FCC Daily Digest that
>affect the South Shore and the Cape of Cod:
>A new station situated in Scituate on 90.5 got the guvmint's
>OK;
>and a new station on 90.7 was authorized to operate in Wellfleet, MA.
>The latter will be only 23 1/2 miles from WKKL in W. Barnstable
>on the same frequency.  You know, on the Cape, FM DX-ing
>may be a matter of moving a radio from one room to another!
>
>Laurence Glavin

Laurence, if the 90.5 is the one I'm thinking of - it's been approved for
several weeks now (at least I thought it was - I've known about the
application for months and known it would it be approved for nearly that
long).   It's a hefty Class B that's got a COL of Scituate but their stick
is in Manomet, just north of the Bourne rotary.   It's going to beat the
sh*t out of WKKL too...well, maybe not virtually every station on the Cape
is thrashed to within an inch of its life already.

It's going to blow any reception of WZBC south or southeast of Boston
completely to hell too...grrrrrrrr   And what REALLY torques me is that
it's owned by CSN International, which is just Calvary Chapel (already on
WFGL and WJLT).  That's all we need - more religious broadcasters.

Speaking of which, there's an app for an LPFM (or a minimum Class A) for
the Haverhill Public School District on 90.5, too.

WICN must be thrilllllllled....