Re: Telemudo and Ch. 60

<<On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:47:35 -0400 (EDT), Sven Franklyn Weil <sven@gordsven.com> said:

> Didn't Radiolandia 13-30 change it's name to Caliente 13-30 a couple of
> years back?  I liked that "Radiolandia" name.... :-)

I haven't been down to J.P. in a few years to see what it says on the
front of the El Mundo building on South Huntington Ave.

> Does AM 1330 reach Boston?  Who's near a radio that can check it out for
> me?

1330 is a Boston signal, licensed Waltham; it's WCRB's old AM.  5 kW
DA-2 from a two-tower array on South St.  As the story goes, 1330 used
to have to protect both of the 1330 New York share-timers, but when
that arrangement ended, the array was simplified by dropping a tower.
It's still an excellent signal day and reasonably serviceable at
night.  (When I lived in the city, WRCA was the station one was most
likely to hear when getting into a taxicab.)

-GAWollman