RE: My Research on Minot, ND

KFYR is one of those legendary 5-kW AMs with MONSTER signals because of the low
dial position (550) combined with the incredible soil conductivity of the
northern plains. However, KFYR is licensed to Bismarck--not Minot. It would not
surprise me at all if you were 100 miles from Bismarck and still found KFYR to
come in like a local. I believe that people routinely listen to the station
more than 200 miles from Bismarck--at least during the daytime.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205