Re: My Research on Minot, ND

At 12:05 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, Sid Schweiger wrote:
> >>So why wasn't EAS used?  Isn't that what EAS is supposed to be for?<<
>
>With the CC Minot cluster being almost entirely voice-tracked or otherwise
>automated, no one was around to activate EAS, and my understanding is that
>they would not have received the alert message from another station (i.e.,
>setting the EAS boxes to auto-relay wouldn't have solved the problem).
>
>Sid Schweiger

Sid - I don't doubt what you're saying, but isn't this a GLARING problem in
that area's EAS chain?  What if a nuke was launched at the US and an EAN
went out?  What would these stations do?

Is this just a case of poor planning on the program director's part in that
they've only set their EAS boxes to not auto-forward anything except things
like EAN's that cannot be set to not auto-forward?