Re: Group pressures Public Radio to air program

Aw C'mon Dan, splurge. The coffee mugs are pretty cool-looking!

But seriously, I hope MPR does NOT carry Democracy Now. In my personal
opinion it is one of the most radical left-leaning programs on the air.
I listened to it the other day on WERU just to see what kind of war
coverage they were presenting, and it was awful. I tuned out after 10
minutes. Granted, some of NPRs offerings are a tad left of center, but
usually they are at least fairly-well balanced. Perhaps that edition of
DN had some other segments a little more balanced, but it turned me off
so much, I couldn;t have cared enough to listen to the rest of it.

When I was PD at KMXT Kodiak Alaska a few years back, I was at the
Public Radio Conference in Wash. DC.  Amy Goodman was there on a news
discussion panel, along with Cokie Roberts and several other Public
Radio Hot-Shots, I forget who, now.  Amy just wouldn't shut
up..Constantly complaining and interrupting the other reporters. She had
an obnoxious "in-your-face" way of lecturing that drew much of the
audience out of the room.

I noticed a bumper sticker the other day on a car right here in SW
Harbor Maine which read
"I want my Democracy Now"  It was right next to a WERU Community Radio
sticker, on a Subaru SUV.

BTW Does Pacifica get any money at all from the Corporation for Public
Broadcasting, or is it all listener supported??

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine