Re: My Research on Minot, ND

  Laurence Glavin wrote:
>  I looked up Minot on 100,000watts.com
>after determing it's in Ward County.  Here are the outlets and owners of the
>commercial stations there:
>
>KCJB-AM 910:  Clear Channel
>KHRT-AM 1320, a "religious" broadcaster
>KRRZ-AM 1390, Clear Channel
>KIZZ-FM 93.7, Clear Channel
>KYYX-FM 97.1, Clear Channel
>KMXA-FM* 99.9, Clear Channel
>KZPR-FM 105.3, Clear Channel
>KHRT-FM 106.9, Clear Channel.
>
>The poor, poor people of Minot!  How did this happen?

Maybe a better question to ask is why so many stations licensed to Minot in
the first place?  I can't imagine a market that small being able to support
that many signals.  N. Dakota is neither a particularly prosperous nor
populous state (I think it was the only state to show a population loss in
the 2000 census).