Re: Mich. public radio host fired over war remarks

Wow, most of us are in agreement here.

There are two points to his firing that go beyond opinion: a) he refused to run NPR newcasts, and b)"denigrating National Public Radio" on the air [Note: Detroit News link, a little more thorough http://www.detnews.com/2003/metro/0304/04/a05-126999.htm]. He admitted on Carr's show that he repeatedly attacked what he felt was NPR's anti-warm, anti-Bush broadcasts. But let's be honest here, if any of us went off on management, we'd be fired too.

It's too bad too because it sounded like his music show might be pretty interesting.

Best,
Tony Schinella
radiotony@attbi.com
http://politizine.blogspot.com