Re: WRNI at 10kW?

Thanks for the answer Aaron.

I may be wrong, but I think the fourth tower was required for days--not nights.
Yes, both patterns use three towers and yes two of the towers used to form one
of the patterns and all three used to form the other are the original ones. I
said that in the message in which I asked the question about whether WRNI was
actually on the air with the higher power. But I think it is the day pattern
(not the night pattern) that uses the new tower. Therefore, the reason that
WRNI filed two separate applications was so that the 10-kW night operation
would not be held up by any problems with getting environmental approvals for
the fourth tower.

As I also stated in my original posting on this topic, I was well aware that
the fourth tower had been up for some time. Indeed, somebody sent me a photo of
the site clearly showing the four towers--two of which are no more than 30'
apart. One of towers of that closely spaced pair is the new one. If I recall
correctly, the three original towers were almost--but not quite--in line. The
fourth tower is positioned so that the new day array is more of a dog-leg than
is the night array.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205