Re: WRNI at 10kW?

Straight from the source at WBUR: WRNI is currently broadcasting at 10kW at
night (since October 2001) and they filed for a license to cover for 10kW
daytime in Feb.2003...they expect it to be granted this June.

Also, they have four towers in Providence.  Two are shared in both
patterns.  One of the other two towers is used in each of the day and night
patterns (total three towers for each pattern).  All the tower work was
completed a while ago when they built the current night pattern- the fourth
tower was needed to get 10 kW at night.

My source didn't mention why the delay between night pattern app and day
pattern app, although my hunch is that it's been related to WBUR's
financial woes as of late...perhaps they didn't want to sink any extra
money in WRNI than was absolutely necessary.  Now that things are a little
more financially stable, they figured it was time to put the extra money in.

- Aaron