Re: WNAN-FM 91.1 To Make "Minor" Change

Precisely, Ron.   Read the discussion again:

WGBH controls WNAN.

WNAN wants to increase power.  They can't do that without shafting WSMU.

WSMU wants to move to 89.3.  They can't do that without WGBH's approval.

WGBH (probably) doesn't want WSMU on 89.3 until WGBH moves to Needham.

So now that WGBH is going to move to Needham, WGBH/WNAN can scratch WSMU's
back by allowing WSMU to move to 89.3...which in turn allows WSMU to
scratch WGBH's back by allowing WNAN to increase power.

That would be the logical deal...but I have little or no hard info to back
it up.

The only involvement of WBUR would be that if WSMU moves to 89.3...it opens
up room in Rhode Island for an allocation on or near 91.1, esp. in the
Kingston area (URI).   I know WBUR would like to get a decent-sized
transmitter down there for WRNI.