Re: WEEI School of Broadcasting?

At 12:09 AM 4/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The MacWilliams obit mentions the WEEI School of Broadcasting

It was started by the late Arthur Edes, who also founded the broadcasting
program at Emerson College.  Arthur was asked to train announcers during
WW2, when experienced announcers were hard to find, and under the auspices
of WEEI, he began a school to train them.  I believe this started circa
1941-- I have the announcement in Variety-- and it probably lasted
throughout the 40s and into the early 50s at least.