Re: Here & Now on Clear Channel

At 06:15 PM 4/1/2003 -0500, Larry Weil wrote:
>At 12:33 PM 4/1/03 -0500, Aaron Read wrote:
>>Well, having listened to the piece on WBUR/Here & Now about Clear
>>Channel, I can only say that if the rest of the world wants to attach NPR
>>for having a liberal bias, it's only fair for NPR to attack someone else
>>for having a conservative bias.
>
>Except that NPR wasn't attacking anyone.  This show is not produced by
>NPR, it's produced by WBUR.  In this case, NPR is acting as a distributor only.
>-
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

You mean Jane Christo DOESN'T actually run all of NPR?   ;-)

Seriously though...good point there, Larry.  For that matter, I believe H&N
is not distributed by NPR at all, is it?   It's not listed on NPR's site,
although The Connection (which is an NPR show now) is:
http://www.npr.org/about/programs/allnprprograms.html

I don't think H&N is really "distributed" at all, is it?  WBUR pays to put
it up on a satellite but that's more for NHPR than anything else I'd
imagine.   AFAIK if there are any other stations/networks carrying H&N
beside WBUR & NHPR...it's fewer than half a dozen transmitters.