Re: Press Herald coverage of broadcasters' deaths

Dan wrote:
>>The folks at WYNZ deserve great credit for the way they handled things in the
wake of Bob's death. (snip)<<

  thanks for the nice words.  no, it wasn't easy.  matter of fact, probably the
hardest airshift(s) i've ever done.  fortunately, Bob made it that much easier
by being the really nice (RARE) guy that he was.  as they said at the service
today: Bob was The Real Deal.  just a nod to Bob's professionalism here, if i
may: whenever filling in for him on vacation, he'd lay out each of the features
for the week, everything from the spotlight years for our calendar/almanac
related bits to putting onto CD the comedy cuts to be used for each day.

  the service was a veritable who's who of Maine broadcasting, and i'm sure the
turnout for Don MacWilliams will be equally impressive.  two large media losses
of the sort we'll not see again for some time.  as Bill O noted previously
(paraphrasing): they ain't making 'em like this anymore.

- -Chuck Igo