Re: WBUR takes on Clear Channel

At 03:33 PM 4/1/2003 -0500, Dan Billings wrote:
> [...]

Except for a Clear-Channel owned station, if the local (or regional) PD
feels the network line is too pro-this or anti-that, he or she has no
choice if the network decides to be that way.

An NPR PD has complete freedom to air what shows...and even what individual
segments within a show...of NPR shows they want to (within reason in
regards to contractual obligations).   And if they feel NPR is a little
biased, they can air another show that presents an alternate view if they
so desire.

Now you tell me...if a group of people thinks a local NPR station is biased
vs. a group of people thinks Clear Channel is biased....which entity do YOU
think is actually going to make any sort of impact?   It sure ain't gonna
be on Clear Channel!!!