Iraqi TV

<<On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:47:14 -0500, "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net> said:

> Of course, I am sure the Iraqis thumb their noses at potential interference
> with neighbors' media operations, but is there any signed agreement such as
> NARBA specifying frequency allocations on AM and FM for the various nations
> in that part of the world?

The ITU organizes frequency-allocation and coordination agreements
throughout the world; each region (of the three) has its own process.
The Americas are region 2.  Region 2 is the only region which still
uses 10-kHz spacing; region 1 (which includes Europe) is the only
region with a longwave broadcast band.  Region 3 probably has
something unique about it, too.

-GAWollman