Re: AM spacing

> > Is there a reasonably simple explanation as to why AM spacing is 10 kHz
> here
> > and 9 kHz in other parts of the world?  Is there a difference in how the
> > station covers or even "sounds?"
> >
> > Bill O'Neill

It may sound like a dumb reason, but I imagine that marketing would be a
lot tougher with 9kHz spacing.  It's hard enough to establish a brand name,
esp. on the AM dial where competition is REALLY fierce.   But I would think
it's tougher to get people to remember you if you're "News/Talk 971" or
something like that.