RE: NPR Coverage & Dave

Dan Strassberg:

> From where I sit, VPR's got it right and WBUR and/or NPR have
> it DEAD wrong.
> There simply insn't enough news just now to justify WBUR's
> "all war all the
> time" coverage. I hope it costs them BIG TIME <snip>

Even as a news junkie, I agree with VPR on this one.  If I want all news,
I can find it.  But VPR exists within a very different universe than does
WBUR, or even WAMC Albany, et. al., for that matter.  VPR listeners seem
to prefer wall-to-wall only when it's hell's bells.  Also, VPR is more of
a mixture of niches throughout the day, with classical middays and a range
of musical genres weekends after morning.  I notice that WXAL-FM (Alice)
is dropping in ABC radio, likely given their AM's oldies radio affiliation
(WFAD 1490 Middlebury).

Bill O'Neill