Re: war coverage pre-empting Bruins

Bob Nelson wrote:

>The Bruins flagship is a powerful station ("38 states
>and 6 provinces") but you wonder if they someday they
>might want to let the B's go elsewhere on the dial,
>freeing them up for news/talk. Not sure what kind of
>ratings the games get.

About 15 yrs ago I worked at a station that carried both the Sox &
Bruins.  They came close to covering the entire year's operating expenses
with the Sox, but the Bruins were a tough sell...I'd say only half sold at
best.  Dunno about ratings...at the time this market had only one book
(spring) a year.

Judging by the rather pitiful affiliate list you posted it seems things
haven't changed much.