Re: Anybody Listen To Howie Carr Today?

Dan B. writes:
<< It makes sense if the web is actually reducing their
circulation.  Ad rates
will drop as circulation drops.

Of course, newspapers have been losing circulation for
years before the web
became big. >>

Some papers actually got an interesting circulation boost
there for a while in the mid '90s, including the Globe. I
don't have the figures in front of me, but I want to say
they got a 10-percent boost (or somewhere close to it)
somewhere in 1997 or 1998.

You're right, though, for the most part papers have been
dropping circulation left and right for the better part of
two decades now.

Sometimes I just wish there was a
boston-newspaper-interest mailing list ...