Re: Country music stands on the war (and radio)

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@bit-net.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 7:25 PM
Subject: RE: Country music stands on the war (and radio)

> As far as stations banning their music, this appears to be in response to
> an outcry by their audience.  Isn't this what everyone on this list has
> been advocating...for stations to be more responsive to their
> listeners?  Maybe for us here in the liberal Northeast banning artists
> whose views we disagree with seems ridiculous, but keep in mind that in
> parts of the country where Country music is king people are a lot more
> conservative...it's Mom, apple pie, Chevrolet & GWB (and witness the
> hostility many on this list show towards Dr. Laura).

Maybe, in this case, the stations were banning the music in response to
listener calls, but I doubt it.

In the case of Cat Stevens, I had not even heard about his remarks until
stations started banning his songs.  Hell, I'm Republican, but I think
"Peace Train" is a good song!

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine