RE: Country music stands on the war (and radio)

Dan replies:
> Not really.  He had never been in jail when he wrote the
> song.  Johnny never
> actually did much time in the joint, only a couple of nights
> here and there
> because of drugs.  He almost ended up in prison for setting a
> national park
> on fire but got out of it.
>
> Merle Haggard was the guy that was in Folsom before his music career.

Dan, Dan.  Now,that's why we like you.  By the way, I have this ground
pepper here on the counter before me and I'm seeking to locate each
granule of fly-poop within it.  You up to the challenge, buddy?  The beer
is cold.

Even though I have not, personally, done "only a couple of nights here and
there" in the joint, nor am I a drug addict, Johnny could be so described;
I'll give Johnny his props that he'd been a wee more road-tested than the
three ladies.

Bill O'Neill