Fwd: Re: Fwd: Fwd: Re: Non-comm rankings

To: lglavin@lycos.com,boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org,Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net>

On 4 Mar 2003 at 18:18, Aaron Read wrote:

> And FWIW, I long ago stopped listening to anyone trying to critique a
> classical station...there is no such thing as an impartial classical
> critic - either they will lay down in traffic for the station or they're
> planning on firebombing it.  Never once heard anyone inbetween.

This won't be long, but this item fired a few neurons in my memory bank.
When WCLV-FM Cleveland was on 95.5, they had a wide-open bulletin board.  I once visited and left a post entitled "Contented Clevelanders",
so described because most posts indicated pleasure with WCLV then.
WCLV's manager Bob Conrad answered posts and took suggestions,
and they had occasional listener request hours.  Now in their 104.9
incarnation, WCLV switched to a 'registration required' BB, and the
entries are far fewer.

Laurence Glavin