Re: NBC Chimes (was Re: NBC Radio News)

Bob Nelson writes:
<< I don't know, but then again I hadn't heard that NBC
Radio News was making a comeback. I don't know the
exact date, but didn't Westwood One buy NBC Radio
and Mutual and then put both off the air, some
years back? >>

What had been NBC Radio was only formally dissolved a few
weeks ago, IIRC. NBC and Mutual had shared top-of-the-hour
newscasts for quite a few years, just with different
sounders at the top.

The new NBC Radio (announced on All Access sometime last
week if you want to wade through their past news) will
also be distributed by Westwood One and NBC's really
getting behind it...folks like Brokaw, Williams and Chris
Matthews will supposedly be involved in one way or
another.