RE: NBC Chimes (was Re: NBC Radio News)

From: Bob Nelson
> Subject: NBC Chimes (was Re: NBC Radio News)
>

> Also: I remember an episode of Saturday Night Live
> from '76, when NBC was celebrating its 50th year
> in broadcasting. The show opened up with what looked
> like a live radio broadcast from the golden days of
> radio--a band and background singers backed up regular
> Garrett Morris as he sang a song based upon the
> familiar NBC chimes.
> Kind of a salute to NBC history, there...

I have a recording from 1938 of the "NBC Love Song," artist unknown, but
rumored to be Dennis Morgan.  I wonder if it was the same song?

-Larry
www.southstation.org
AIM: lloverin55
Listen to the rare hits of the 50s, 60s and 70s on the Hits of Yesterday
at www.southstation.org/hitradio  or www.live365.com/stations/lloverin