RE: Fax machines and radio stations....

Scott Fybush <harp sfx> Remembers:
> One of the WCAP myths that I heard in those days was that
> some enterprising
> weekend newsperson once climbed
> over the walls (which didn't go all the way up to the ceiling
> - that would
> have cost money, and we know how the brothers
> Cohen felt about such things) to retrieve a particularly
> important fax. \
>
> I miss those Saturday mornings!

Gosh, can't think of who would have the stuff to make that climb over
"the wall" to the awaiting fax.  That would have been right up there
with "the use of spring water for the making of coffee."  I bet you
don't miss the "view" out the master control studio window to the alley.
The things I learned by observing locals, er, expressing themselves,
back there was worth the price of admission right there.  We had a
one-by-three piece of wood, about 25 inches long that was used to hold
that studio window open on hot days.  (The window weighs about 50#.)
Someone once inscribed the board, "WCAP Alley Beater".  Thankfully, it
never came in handy for that purpose.

Bill O'Neill