Re: Commercial facility names on non-commercial stations

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 20:38:02 -0500 "Dan Billings"
<billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
> [...]

There is a pretty long standing tradition between local papers and radio
outlets like that. I know that usually the Lowell Sun (owned by the
Denver Post) refers to WCAP as the local radio station, unless the story
is about a select few personalities on the station, then they credit the
calls...I know once when I was investigating a story that the paper later
got wind of, they referenced their story as "when media outlets began
asking questions"  WCAP was the only media outlet asking questions but no
one knew that except the police, WCAP and the paper so I believe they
worded it that way to try to give the reader the idea that a Boston
outlet was on to the story.....As much as it cause friction between the
parties I always thought it was a good thing,  it showed me that the
paper did respect what we did and was concerned enough not to want to
give us credit. Competition is good.
df