Re: WVMT joins evil empire

I am posting this reply to the list on behalf of Mark
Watson, who is experiencing problems with his attbi
email account.

                       Matt Osborne

  Matthew Osborne wrote:

> Wait a sec, something just occurred to me.  If WVMT
> has picked up NY Yankee broadcasts, does that mean
> they've been forced off WIRY (AM) Plattsburgh?  I
know
> that for years WIRY carried NY Yankee broadcasts.
> Anyone up that way know anything about this?

  As recently as last weekend when I was listening to
them on line
(YES,
they still stream!!) they ran a promo for Yankees
Baseball returning
March
31 (I think that's the date). Unless WVMT joining the
network forces
them
off WIRY. As Garrett pointed out in an earlier post,
WVMT's pattern
protects
Syracuse to the West and Bangor to the East. I don't
know how good of a
signal WVMT puts into Plattsburgh, WIRY puts a decent
signal into
Burlington
by day, noisy w/hash at night, typical of
graveyarders.

Mark Watson