RE: Lawyers Seeking "Deep Pockets" May Target CCU

Laurence:
One
> such entity may be Clear Channel Corp, operator of Providence's
> WHJY-FM, which heavily promoted the show, thus possibly
> adding to the overcrowding.

The article quotes a station source as saying, "We in no way were the
promoter of the event and did not receive any money based on the success
or failure of the concert,'' Paras said. As for any role in
overcrowding, Paras said the station had ``absolutely none.''

Here's a potential problem for stations who, perhaps not in this case,
derive a financial benefit from the outcome of events they promote.

Bill O'Neill