Re: WRKO's changes, NPR, Savage ...

--- SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> wrote:

> Am I alone in not getting the connection here?  Why
> replace a locally
> originated show with a syndicated one if a higher
> news presence is the
> goal?  And what is WRKO gaining by exiling VB to
> that all-important
> overnight shift?

My guess is that after the war ends (if it does take
place, may it be short and effective), they'll
find a way to dump Colmes and put VB back at 10 pm
(maybe can tape delay Colmes to run _after_ VB?_)

I don't know what kind of ratings VB was pulling down,
but he brings local content and what sounds like a
fairly young demographic (judging from
the callers, subject matter, etc.)