Re: A very depressing website

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:56:50 -0800 (PST) Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com>
writes:

> The last time I got laid off I considered taking some
> time off, but idle time drives me nuts...  The day
> after I got laid off we went to an interview and then
> made the rest of the trip home to Maine.  Three days
> later I had a job and started making arrangements to
> move...

You're lucky.  The last time I was told to stay home forever I
fortunately had the laundromat to get up and running, but after the
severance money started to run low I had to take a job that was
financially devastating just to get some cash into the house.   Granted
it was mine for the taking but the good jobs at good wages are few and
far between.  I recently learned what Metro is paying now that they are
AFTRA and I am amazed that the R&F accepted the deal, although it is
better than they were getting prior to collective barganing, but it is
still well below wages you would expect in Boston, even at Entercom!
df