Re: WVMT joins Evil Empire

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Matthew Osborne wrote:

> > Is CKGM "the Team 990"?

I thought that the sports-talk format on AM 99 was going nowhere - tanking
in the ratings (could you go any lower than what Oldies 99 already was?).
I recall seeing here that the nationwide "Team" network was closed down
and each station went it's own way.  Team 99 in Montreal stays.

What about CHUM 10-50?  Didn't they flip back to music?

The last time I heard Oldies 99, it was an automated station, extremely
tight playlist....and almost no spots.  When I heard about the flip to
sport-talk, I was glad. Finally CHUM Group was doing something with that
wavelength!

Oldies 99 ran constant promos for their morning man between records...to
the point where I wanted to go look for this thing and put it out of its
misery. This was in the Summer of 2000.

--
Sven