Re: Lowry Mays speaks

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:17:44 -0600 "Steve West"
<stevewest106@hotmail.com> writes:
> I have to defend the voice track machine
> now.
> Instead of a PD settling for whatever talent he/she can find for a
> weekend
> gig, he/she can now pick and choose one or two formerly full time
> now out of
> a job good jocks and let them voice track with the occasional live
> weekend
> gig, and have a quality product all the time.

Dave:
I wasn't going to weigh in on this because of my lack of experience with
VT however I found that paragraph interesting.  I know of ongoing talks
between a group and union in which this very argument was used by mgmt.
Then the book came out and showed the station had its best ratings during
the time frame they said they needed to VT in order to maintaine a
quality product all the time....weekends and nights...  AFAIK mgmt is
still looking in that direction ignoring the fact that the "lesser"
talent that they hired in the first place, are pulling in impressive
numbers.
Just my .02
df