Re: Re: Re:Re: Exempt industries

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
To: "'Dave Faneuf'" <tklaundry@juno.com>; <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 9:32 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Re:Re: Exempt industries

> Not sure about that, but I am still confused as to why broadcasters
> would fall into an exemption for OT for non-exempt EEs.  I understand
> why waitstaff and other gratuity-earners are under a reduced minimum
> wage.

I assume that the National Association of Broadcasters convinced Congress at
some point that broadcasters in rural areas would be run out of business if
they were required to pay overtime.  Maybe that was true at one time, though
I doubt it.  Now those stations are all owned by Clear Channel so the
exemption hardly seems appropriate.  ;-)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine