RE: RE: Cocoanut Grove fire

Dave Faneuf:

> According to a couple of books I have read about the fire,
> the BC Football team did have a celebration scheduled at the
> Coconut Grove that night.  BC was ranked Number 1 in the
> country that year and was supposed to crush Holy Cross...they
> lost the game and the team celebration at the Coconut Grove
> was cancelled.
> df

My Dad is BC '50, so he was a teenager at the time, but recalls the
story vividly. My Mom is Emmanuel '44 and lost friends that night.
Interesting in that the losses that night were accounted for in the
press and on radio, intertwined with loss reports from the theatres of
battle overseas.  Times how they have changed in 60 years.

Bill O'Neill