Re:RE: Cocoanut Grove fire

---------- "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net> writes:
I was once told that the night of that fire there was a BC Holy Cross
game. The winning team was supposed to go to the Coconut Grove.  Sounded
like an urban myth but it was a family friend who lost his fiance that
night.
>snip<
Bill O'Neill

According to a couple of books I have read about the fire, the BC Football team did have a celebration scheduled at the Coconut Grove that night.  BC was ranked Number 1 in the country that year and was supposed to crush Holy Cross...they lost the game and the team celebration at the Coconut Grove was cancelled.
df