RE: Cocoanut Grove fire

Joe writes:

> mother told me her
> recollections of the Cocoanut Grove fire.

I was once told that the night of that fire there was a BC Holy Cross
game. The winning team was supposed to go to the Coconut Grove.  Sounded
like an urban myth but it was a family friend who lost his fiance that
night. He ran back in to get her, grabbed her by the wrist and pulled
her to safety, only to look at her to realize he had saved a stranger.
His fiance perished.  I can only imagine there are scores of stories
like this relating to Warwick.  This is what the media can do for the
families, even after the story is no longer on the front page/lead
story.

Bill O'Neill

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving is not for you.