Re: Cocoanut Grove

I'd be suspicious of any recording offered. Tape and even wire recorders did
not yet exist at the time. Home recording equipment was nearly non-existent.
Maybe someone had adapted an office Dictaphone (I think they used wax
cylinders) to home off-air recording. Station air-checks on 16-in.
transcription disks would be the most likely--if anyone had the time and the
prsesnce of mind to make one. The idea that someone would cut an ET for
breaking news at a local station seems kind of unlikely, though not impossible.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205