Re: Grammys, music, and what it's come DOWN to...

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:08:30 -0500 "Dan Billings"
<billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
> Dave writes:
> >JT is one of the very
> > best at what he does, I put him in the same group as Harry Chapin,
>  these
> > guys are story tellers.
>
> But would Harry be remembered as fondly if he had recorded Taxi,
> Part 12?
>
> Speaking of Harry Chapin  -- WOLD is a great song.

I met Harry, he was a story teller, and a great story teller,  period.
Sequel was an interesting work on his part but it was a very small part
of what Harry did.  He was someone that did not sell out when he became
successful.
Half of all the concerts he did went to him, and the other half went to
the Other Guy.  The United States Congress awarded a Gold Medal in his
name, something that puts him in the same league as unknowns like George
Washington.
Harry was a story teller, and a great one. I was pleased to see that his
brother Tom won a Grammy tonight as well
df