Warwick Fire / Middle East sprinklers

It was mentioned that the Middle East (in Cambridge) did not have to
install sprinklers but chose to do so anyway.  I assume they're referring
more to the Middle East Downstairs part...and I would bet that the reason
they chose to do it was for insurance purposes.  Anyone who's been to the
ME Downstairs will agree with me that the room will be an instant deathtrap
if any sort of fire or similar incident happens.   Even if there's just a
stampede people will no doubt be hurt very badly or killed trying to get up
that stairwell.

So anyways, I suspect that the ME's insurance company basically demanded
the ME install sprinklers or else the ME would have to pay outrageously
high premiums.

I seriously doubt they installed them out of the goodness of their heart.  :-)