Re: Concert Disaster In Rhode Island

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cooper Fox" <fox893@yahoo.com>
To: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: <dlh@donnahalper.com>; <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: Concert Disaster In Rhode Island

> Dateline had the same clip of the asbury park owner...

Howie Carr had two separate callers who claimed to have seen pyro used at
other shows at the club.  Of course, we all know not to put much faith in
such calls.

At this point: I would be skeptical about what both the band and the club
owners are saying.  Both obviously want to limit their blame for the
incident.  I would also keep in mind that one of the club owners is a media
professional and would be more likely to have his story together and
communicated well in the immediate aftermath of such an event.

Can someone with more knowledge of these things answer this:  Wouldn't it be
obvious to anyone looking at the band's set up to notice that they have set
up pyro?  Wouldn't the stage manager notice?

The WWE uses pyro extensively at their wrestling shows and the equipment is
obvious on the ring posts and on the entrance stage.  The band would be
using a much smaller set up in a club but it is hard for me to believe that
the club wouldn't notice it being set up if anyone was paying attention.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine