Re: Rimshot IDs

Years ago, Garrett played some tapes for me of legal IDs that he had recorded
from FMs in eastern and central North Carolina. The communities may not be as
far apart as Sarasota and Orlando, but there were WAY more than four named in
most of the IDs. I got the impression that there was some sort of competition
among the stations over which had the most communities within its 60 dBu
contour and to make sure that the legal named every one. If Garrett still has
the tapes, perhaps he's counted and found the station that names the most
communities. My guess is somewhere around a dozen. First thing I thought of was
the old Anaheim, Azusa, and Kukamonga routine from the Jack Benny program of
the '40s--except there were so many more communities named. Many of the names
sounded just as humorous as those of the legendary southern California trio,
however.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205