Re:Re: WMTW & pregnancy

From: "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com>
> As I recall, Katie Kouric did a show which featured her having a
proctoscopy to be tested for
> colon cancer.  I didn't see it, so I don't know how much she was exposed,
but I think it
> makes sense.  Why tell the story about others if it's happening to you?

"Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
Traditionally, journalists were not supposed to make themselves part of the story.

Also, IMHO, the news anchors undergoing medical procedures on the air blurs the line between news and reality TV.  Maybe that line is totally gone by now.

Shows like Today already blur the line between entertainment/news and
journalists/entertainers so the story you described doesn't appear as
strange to me as part of that show as WMTW's story did as part of the 6:00
PM newscast.  I can't imagine Brokaw or Rather including video of their own
medical check up during the news.
-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I didn't see the program, but wasn't it shortly after Katie's husband died of colon cancer?
df