Re: Canadian radio

On 16 Feb 2003, at 22:22, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I was always impressed with CJAD in the afternoon, usually lock into
> them at White River on the way up.

For the past months, CJAD's programming decisions, on-air talent moves, and
increasing reliance on infomercials to fill its day (as well as night) slots, has earned a
heap of scorn on the Montreal equivalent of this board, at

The CJAD of yore -- the days of George Balcan, Jack Finnegan, et al -- is long gone, I
am afraid.

After much initial ridicule, CINW 940News is starting to come into its own as a valued,
trusted source of information in the city, with traffic and business coverage, in
particular, that is far superior to that of AD.

I think it tells the world of Montreal radio listeners something when CJAD launches a
travel show hosted by a car mechanic that admits to not having traveled to very many
places, and uses her first show to have guests on to plug a station contest.  This is
certainly not the CJAD that I grew up listening to.

Stephen Pickford
Host/Executive Producer
Travel World Radio
A Nascor International Production for CAB Radio
Travel World Radio Show & Travel World Reports
Distinctive Travel Broadcasting Opportunities for Leading News-Talk Stations Across America
Now Streaming On-Line 24/7 with the Travel World Radio Network

Tel.: (514) 630-9565
Fax:  (514) 630-8166

Member:  Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC)
http://www.travelmedia.ca

http://www.twc.ca