Re: LOOK Sept 82 June 83

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:34:53 -0500 "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
writes:
> Kevin Vahey writes:
> > Oh how they tried, it was next to impossible to be downtown and
> not trip
> > over a LOOK crew. Hindsight says 2 hours a day was too much to
> take on.
> > WNEV never got the credit for trying to produce local blocks as
> WCVB
> > did. Ready,Said,Go was another show that deserved a better fate (
> > whatever became of Matt Lauer <g> )
>
> Was Matt on RTG? I only recall him being on the 10 a.m. talk-show
> (Boston
> Matters?) they produced. There was a blonde woman who was the RTG
> host...who
> was she? RTG was definitely a favorite in my house.

Matt was on an afternoon program that channel 7 originated, it's title
escapes me.  I thought he had a brain and was much more than just a
talking head.   We had many of the same guests on and it was clear to me
that he actually did research on his own prior to interviews.  (Yes, you
can tell when the host knows what he/she is talking about and when it
comes from press kits or flacks)  I was very impressed with Matt then and
I continue to admire his work.
df