Re: Graves named general manager

WWWA 95.3 is on a class C3 frequency, and therefore, I believe, the max.
power permitted is 25,000 watts. (It used to be 3,000w until about 1988
or so) According to FCC DataBase WWWA now runs 5800 watts.

Perhaps they may try for 25 kw and claim for an ERP of 50kw with
horizontal and vertical power combination. I rather doubt they could
increase power much more than their present level without objections
from WHOM, once they get back on their feet.
They may also cut it rather close for WALZ Machias, also on 95.3. and
WJJB out of Topsham on 95.5..  I'm sure the more technically-inclined
readers could comment further.

BTW ... back in the 70's  95.3 was assigned to Bath/Brunswick and was
the home of the former Top-40  WJTO-AM/FM, long before Bob Bittner took
it over.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine