Re: WWKB late at night, and VHF cable ingress, too...

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:16:29 -0500 Garrett Wollman
wrote:

>  If you can get the OTA
> broadcasts on a
> paperclip, who needs cable?

Actually I don't even think you need a paperclip to
get the stations where Scott lives!  In fact, I
clearly remember when I was first moving into my new
"digs" in Rochester back in May 1999 (on the other
side of the hill, as Scott mentioned), I was setting
my TV up.  I had just put it on top of my dresser,
plugged it in, turned it on, and I had a viewable
signal on *ALL* of the major OTA stations, especially
WXXI-TV (21) and all of the V's.  I didn't have
anything at all attached to it either, no cables to
connect to the VCR, no antenna of any sort, nothing.

                           Matt Osborne
                           Poughkeepsie, NY