103.7 Observations

During my travels today I checked up on WPKQ's temporary transmitter
signal strength in some select areas of Maine and New Hampshire. It was
in fact on the air and audible in some portions of Carroll County NH,
but in many areas, including Wolfeboro WKNE was stronger and captured
the reciever in my truck. I'm assuming the further north one travelled,
the better the signal would be.

97.5 DOES cover this same area fairly well...in fact I think 97.5
penetrates Wolfeboro better than 103.7 does even at full power, even
though WOKQ seems to consider most of Carroll County part of the "north
country".

According to WOKQ's web site, the temporary transmitter location is at
their studio location (in North Conway I think), and generators large
enough to power the big transmitters are in the process of being
installed on the mountain.

-Ben