WWKB late at night, and VHF cable ingress, too...

Responding to a couple of posts at once...

WWKB is still very much oldies...BUT...in the last half-hour or so of the
day (after Jack Armstrong's "shift" ends at 10
and another hour or so of the oldies plays on), they slide into a much
softer musical niche. Just turned it on (11:08 PM)
and Sinatra's singing about how it was a very good year. They don't play
that stuff at 11:08 *AM*, you may be sure.

(And how lucky am I to live somewhere where I can hear WWKB 24/7?)

Rumor has it that at least some of the preachers will go away over the next
few months as contracts expire and are not
renewed. The better question, at least for us Jackson Armstrong fans, is
whether the AAA Buffalo Bisons will continue
to air on 'KB this season (displacing Jack on most summer evenings) or
whether they'll move down to sister sports station
WGR 550, now that WGR has lost the Yankees (Boo! Hiss! I can say that on a
Boston board...) to WNSA-FM 107.7.

As for Matt Osborne and his experience with cable ingress: his experience
on the city-of-Rochester side of Pinnacle Hill
does not match mine on the town-of-Brighton side. I'm 4300 feet from
Pinnacle, and my cable reception of 8, 10 and 13
is consistently awful, thanks to the immense amounts of over-the-air signal
that intrudes on the cable signals of same.
That "ingress" issue was THE biggest concern during my recent term of
service on the town of Brighton's RF Interference
Task Force.

Our Esteemed Moderator has seen the ingress here at NERW Central for
himself and can testify to how bad it is...right,
Garrett?

-s