Re: 94.9

I wasn't sure of this earlier, but it appears WBLM has
maintained their emergency back up transmitter site on
Blakstrap Hill in Falmouth. This was the sight WBLM
used during their recovery of "Ice Storm '98". A
friend of mine heading into work last night drove the
94.9 signal from the Gray-New Gloucester area where
the signal was barely in stereo and when he reached
the Falmouth stretch of I-95, the signal was
full-quiet. I would guess they are putting out 250
watts max. The signal starts to dwindle around the
Saco/Biddeford area to the south.

Roy Lawrence