Re: WCDJ 102.3

At 01:06 PM 2/14/2003 -0500, Mike G wrote:
>If it is on the air, you'd never know it.  Nothing but dead silence on the
>on the frequency.  Besides, what does the Cape need another " news/talk
>station for anyway with WXTK 95.1 doing the Limbaugh-Howie Carr block for ???
>
>>From: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>
>>To: bri@bostonradio.org
>>Subject: WCDJ 102.3
>>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:48:01 -0500
>>
>>The daily "change" report I get from my friends at M Street/Inside Radio
>>reports WCDJ as being back on with "news/talk." These
>>change reports aren't always 100% accurate, though, and this one sounds a
>>little off. Anyone hear the mysterious Truro FM on
>>the air lately?

I tried tuning it in with our gear here at Broadcast Signal Lab in
Medfield.  We were able to get a pretty good null on WCRB, but WCDJ is just
too far away...30 miles of Cape Cod Bay and 35 miles of land to the shore
is just too far when WCRB is barely 15 miles away.  FWIW, we can usually
get WORC 99.9 in Webster here in the office without too much trouble (that
is, when co-channel WHHB in Holliston is off the air in the mornings).

Hey Mike - where were you trying to tune it in from?   IIRC WCDJ has never
broadcast at its licensed height or power...probably due to tower
restrictions in Truro (I know from our experience with cellphone towers
that the Upper Cape is hell on tower construction).